It is recommended to keep track of the hours used in the app, in order to avoid any addiction.
WhatsApp is currently the most important instant messaging application in the world, because the more than 2 billion users not only use it in the family or social sphere, but also in the institutional and work environment.
|With a very simple step, the user will be able to see the time used in the application. - Photo: SOPA Images/LightRocket via Gett|
In that order of ideas, the connection time in WhatsApp is usually quite high, which is why it is important to keep track of the hours used throughout the day, in order to set a personal limit.
How to know how long the application is used?
- Enter the ‘Settings’ of the cell phone.
- Find and select the ‘Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls’ option.
- A certain number of hours and minutes will appear at the top, which must be pressed. Likewise, it will be possible to visualize a statistical table with the days of the week.
- Now, at the bottom you must click on the ‘See more’ option to search for WhatsApp.
- Next, select the application icon.
Done, in that section the user will be able to see the exact number of hours, minutes and seconds that the application has been used throughout the day; In addition, a comparison can be made with the amount of time in subsequent days.
Also, if the user scrolls further down, other interesting data can be seen, such as how many times the application has been opened. It is worth mentioning that some phones allow you to set a time limit for use in any application, this in order to avoid any addiction to the cell phone.
WhatsApp and the trick to let your contacts know that you have changed your phone number
Currently it is very common for people to decide or have to change their phone number, however, in some cases this situation involves going through the tortuous process of notifying each of their acquaintances that they now have a new phone number to communicate with them.
However, WhatsApp has a useful tool that can help people inform all the contacts they have in the app that their phone number has changed, simultaneously and without spending a lot of time in the process .
How to notify all WhatsApp contacts of the phone number change?
In order to use this method, it is essential that the user check if their phone has the latest version of WhatsApp. You can do this through Google Play, by accessing the ‘manage device and apps’ option to check if there are pending updates for the instant messaging application.
Once the corroboration is done, it will be necessary to execute the following actions:
- Insert the SIM card with the new phone number in the cell phone where WhatsApp was updated.
- Open the app’s settings menu by pressing the three-dot icon located at the top right of the screen.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option and then enter 'Account’
- Enter the ‘Change number’ function and then click on ‘Next’
- A field will be generated on the screen to enter the country code (+57 for Colombia) next to the old number and new telephone number.
“(name you were booked under) changed their phone number to a new number. Tap to send a message or add the new number”, is the message that will appear in the WhatsApp chat.
Now it will be the task of the contact to click on the message to update the user’s phone number.